The brand rules of a corporation are displayed visually on a brand board. It serves as a point of reference for all branding materials, ensuring that the company’s website, social media platforms, and marketing materials are all in line with the brand’s message and style.
Since it may help them create a consistent and expert brand image, a brand board can be especially beneficial for firms that cater to health and wellness. People frequently seek out reputable and trustworthy brands when it comes to their health and wellness needs, making a strong brand a crucial aspect in attracting and keeping clients in the health and wellness market.
At Wellmarkit, we create memorable brand identities to help you make more wellness product sales & wellness service bookings — including brand boards! View our full suite of branding, packaging design, & strategy services here.
How a brand board can help health and wellness businesses
A brand board can benefit health and wellness firms in a number of unique ways, including:
- A brand board can assist a health and wellness company in establishing a consistent and unified brand identity throughout all of its marketing assets, such as its website, social media channels, and print materials. Customers’ trust can be increased and the company will become more recognizable as a result.
- Creating a professional image: A well-designed brand board may assist a health and wellness company in creating a professional image, which can be especially crucial in this sector as consumers frequently seek out dependable and trustworthy companies.
- Differentiating from competitors: In a competitive industry, a health and wellness company can stand out and set itself apart from its rivals by creating a distinctive and well-designed brand board.
- Simplifying the branding process: A brand board gives health and wellness firms a central spot for all branding rules, makes it simple for the company and its employees to stay on brand, and enables them to produce marketing materials that are consistent.
A brand board can therefore be a useful tool for health and wellness business owners trying to build a strong and enduring brand identity and set themselves apart from rivals.
The Importance of a Brand Board for Your Healthcare business
Having a distinct brand identity is essential for any company, no matter how big or small. Customers can better grasp a company’s values and what they can expect from its goods and services when it has a strong brand. Additionally, it promotes client trust and makes the business stand out in a congested market.
However, it can be challenging to make sure that everything is consistent and on-brand when there are so many branding materials to generate and maintain, from social media posts and emails to sales literature and advertisements. The use of a brand board is here.
All of a company’s branding principles, such as its logo, color scheme, typography, imagery, and tone of voice, are centralized on a brand board. Having all of this data in one location makes it simple for the business and its employees to stay true to their brand and produce marketing materials that are unified.
Using a Brand Board to Create a Cohesive Brand Identity
An organization’s branding is more consistently applied across all platforms and materials with the use of a brand board. This is crucial for small businesses, as they could have few resources and no designated design team.
A brand board, however, can also be helpful for bigger businesses with several teams and stakeholders. Everyone participating in the company’s branding initiatives may refer to the same set of standards when there is a brand board in place, ensuring that everything from the website to the social media outlets is consistent and on-brand.
What should be on your brand board?
All of the components that make up a businesses brand standards should be included on a brand board. Typically, this comprises
The business logo should be featured on the brand board because it serves as a visual representation of the company’s brand.
- The business colour scheme: A brand should have a colour scheme that consists of a few primary colours that best describe the brand as well as a few accent colours to offer depth and interest.
- The business typography should be included on the brand board. These fonts should be used consistently throughout all documents.
- The business imagery: The brand board has to specify the kind of imagery that will be utilized consistently throughout all products. This could be a particular style of artwork, a particular kind of photograph, or a combination of the two.
- The tone of the business voice: The brand board should outline the general linguistic tenor and style that will be applied to all branding materials.
- Any extra design elements: The brand board may also incorporate additional design components like patterns, icons, or visual elements, depending on the needs of the business.
Why You Need a Brand Board for Your Business
Any business trying to develop a powerful and enduring brand identity should invest in a brand board. It makes ensuring that the company’s whole branding initiatives are consistent with its core brand statement and aesthetic.
However, businesses wishing to rebrand or update their current branding might also benefit from using a brand board. A brand board makes it simpler to identify what is working and what needs to be updated, which facilitates and expedites the rebranding process.
What a Brand Board Can Do for Your Brand Strategy
A company’s branding initiatives can benefit from having a brand board in place in a variety of ways:
- A brand board makes it simpler for the business and its team members to stay on brand and create cohesive marketing materials, saving time and resources.
- A brand board can be used as a reference point for all branding efforts, making it easier to see what’s working and what needs to be updated.
How to Build Your Business’s Brand Board
A variety of design tools can be used to create a brand board for your company, which is a fairly easy process. The steps for making a brand board are as follows:
- Identify the essential principles and message of your brand. This will assist you in choosing your brand’s general course and look.
- Select your colour scheme. To add depth and intrigue, choose a few accent colours in addition to a few main colours that best represent your brand.
- Decide on your typeface. Select one or two typefaces to serve as your brand’s representative and to be utilized consistently throughout all documents.
- Select the imagery. Select a visual language that accurately portrays your brand and will be applied consistently throughout all publications. This could be a particular style of artwork, a particular kind of photograph, or a combination of the two.
- Describe your vocal tone. Establish the language’s general tone and style for all branding elements. This could be formal, informal, humorous, etc.
- Develop a logo. Create a logo for your company that will be used regularly in all of your materials.
- Combine all of these components into a single design file or page. This is the brand board you will use.
- To make sure that everyone is on the same page and adhering to the same branding principles, share your brand board with your team and any stakeholders.
Here are a some examples of brand boards with excellent design:
- Airbnb: The brand board for Airbnb features their recognizable logo, a muted colour scheme with varied blue hues, a contemporary sans-serif typeface, and a variety of amusing illustrations and visuals.
- Canva: Canva’s brand board features their vibrant logo, a striking colour scheme with varying hues of pink, purple, and green, a simple sans-serif typeface, and a selection of contemporary drawings and illustrations.
- Hootsuite: Hootsuite’s brand board has their slick logo, a polished colour scheme with varied blue and grey tones, a crisp sans-serif typeface, and a range of contemporary visuals and illustrations.
- Mailchimp: Mailchimp’s brand board has their amusing logo, a vibrant colour scheme with diverse blue, green, and orange colours, a contemporary sans-serif typeface, and a selection of entertaining images and graphics.
- Slack: Slack’s brand board features their straightforward logo, a polished colour scheme with diverse blue and purple tones, a contemporary sans-serif typeface, and a selection of neat images and visuals.
A brand board is a crucial tool for any business trying to develop a powerful and consistent brand identity, in conclusion. It makes ensuring that every branding initiative is consistent with the company’s overarching brand statement and aesthetic. A brand board may be a helpful tool for businesses wishing to rebrand or update their current branding because it is a reasonably straightforward procedure to create one. You can build a brand board for your company and advance your branding efforts by following the above-described procedures.
If you don’t already have a brand board for your health, wellness or therapist business, Wellmarkit can make one for you.
Wellmarkit is a marketing, web design & mentoring team for therapists that want to create a compelling online presence & generate more clients so they can focus on creating the change they want to see in their clients.
We are obsessed with wellness branding. We live and breathe wellness branding, and we would love to help develop your brand strategy & help you scale your healthcare or wellness business. Contact us today & lets get started.