What is a logo?
Your logo design is not your brand. That website you are considering is not your brand either. Your brand helps people identify your company, product, or you. Brands are intangible, which means you can’t actually touch or see them. Branding describes the actions taken to build your brand (strategy). Brand identity is the tangible expression of your brand (logo, typography, colours, etc).
Having said that, your logo design is important to your business because it communicates ownership, quality, and values. It is displayed on your products, your business card, website, social media, and most importantly, in the minds of your clients.
Your logo design is one of the first interactions people have with your health & wellness business. It is your opportunity to make a great first impression. Your logo design shows that you deliver a quality service, and it visually expresses your purpose.
Your logo and website are your shopfront. Do your products and services justice by picking a design team who care and understand you, your business and your customer base.
“Good quality is never cheap, cheap quality is never good”
What makes for a good logo design?
A logo is a combination of text and imagery that tells people the name of your small business and creates a visual symbol that represents your vision. It’s a big part of your brand identity (what people will see). A good logo design shows what a company does and what the brand values. A good logo design is memorable, differentiates you and fosters brand loyalty. How? It has meaning built within it.
Why? Because your businesses’ belief system, core values, purpose, mission, and vision is what your brand is built around. That’s what people remember and tell their friends about; not your logo.
Frankly, most people don’t spend much time looking at your logo. They expect it to look professional. If it does not, you will lose your prospective customer immediately. What people really care about is their experience and what your brand is advocating. Good design not only looks professional on the surface, it also signifies something deeper. It is the connection that matters. Your logo and branding are central to creating that connection.
Re read the last paragraph. There is a whole lot going on in your logo and on your homepage. If the person who designs your logo does not understand your business, your values or your brand identity, then your logo is just a image. You will have wasted your time, energy & money. So many people get their logos done cheaply by amateurs passing themselves off as professionals. They pay for it many time over in lost clients, lack of connection and lack of understanding of what you and your brand are about.
Why does your health & wellness business need a logo?
Your logo should be simple, memorable, flexible, unique and use quality typography with appropriate colours.
A well-designed logo builds trust and get’s people to stick around. It tells potential clients who you are, what you do, and how that benefits them. It communicates to people with no prior knowledge or experience with your business that you do great work. If your logo looks unprofessional, people will question how well you can deliver your products and services.
Have you ever chosen one company over another simply because they look more legitimate? People make quick decisions and poor design makes people leave. Nobody takes shortcuts when they open a shop. The shopfront always looks beautiful. Your logo and homepage are your online shopfront. You have more opportunity to get customers online but never forget, your competitors are only one click away.
Problems with having your logo designed by a cheap freelancer abroad
- A range of logo options won’t be explored – When you invest in a customised logo from Wellmarkit, a range of logo options will be explored throughout the design iteration process. These will be narrowed down by you and the designers, before working out what the best fit for the brand may be. When buying a cheap logo, you won’t have design discussions or decisions to make. You will receive something and there will be no scope for changes unless you pay more and the price usually escalates quickly.
- Your logo is the face of your entire business – Consumers judge a brand in milliseconds, and this judgement is determined by how the brand looks. If your branding doesn’t connect with prospective clients, what you offer won’t either (no matter how good it actually is)! Why have a great health & wellness product or service offering if you let the image you portray let you down.
- Your logo will not be unique to your brand – Cheap logo designs are often reused & resold, so the design may not be unique to your brand. Many of the quick and cheap designers in low cost countries are providing you with a cheap logo for a reason. Many are reusing logos they created for others or directly downloading copyrighted material (very common) and passing it off as their own work. Don’t be surprised if you get a call or email accusing you of copyright infringement. There is software now which can easily detect images which are being used without authorisation or licensing.
One of the main qualities of a good logo is that people instantly associate it with your brand. Ensuring your logo is unique and memorable should therefore be a priority. Communicating this to a non-native English speaker is difficult and the result often substandard and without recourse.
Other Logo Design Considerations
- You may want to change your logo later – Design professionals spend years mastering the process of creating effective and durable logo designs. If you buy a cheap logo or try to do it yourself, the logo likely won’t have the consideration behind. Changing your logo once the business has launched is problematic. It is confusing for consumers. Ideally want to nail the branding and be happy with it well before launching.
- Your brand will look less professional – Buying a cheap logo or trying to do it yourself risks your brand looking unprofessional. If your brand looks unprofessional, it sends the message to customers that your offerings are also unprofessional and can deter them from trusting you as a legitimate business.
Logo design for success - the right approach
Cultivate a strong logo to stand out to consumers, ensure they remember your brand, and create positive associations with you. Logos have deep symbolic association connected to people’s memories and emotions.
Let’s take a quick look at Nike. The swoosh is just a swoosh. But, the connection we have to that symbol has everything to do with their vision of making the world a better place through running.
That powerful idea defined their brand and their logo communicates that, empowering their business to thrive. Over time and with lots of consistent brand marketing, your logo should do the same for your business.
Invest in your logo design. It’s what matters most for increasing your credibility and pulling consumers in.
We see “low price for poor quality” everyday in the retail sector. It is no different with website and logo design.
How do you create a professional logo for your Health & Wellness business?
Your Health & Wellness business logo needs to be clear and easy to interpret to quickly connect with your audience. By keeping your logo simple, it will work across multiple media platforms and is effective at any size.
In contract to Nike, small brands don’t have years of brand recognition. Neither do you have a huge marketing budget to help consumers understand what your business does. Consequently, your logo should clearly communicate who you are and what you do in an instant.
From concept to roll-out, there’s much to consider when distilling your brand down to a single mark. A great small business logo only needs three things: great typography, smart colour choices, and a strong visual element. We will address these items in a separate blog post.
Your logo is the visual foundation of your brand identity. Design matters! If you want people to give you money and tell the world about your health and wellness business, you need to create a lasting impression. When when you invest in your branding, you empower your small business to thrive.
Have a question about branding or logo design?
Reach out to us!
Ask to see our portfolio of health & wellness business logo designs here.
Do you need a professional logo designed for your health and wellness business? Wellmarkit are a specialist web design. logo design and marketing partner to the Health and Wellness community. We have a very long list of happy customers who are reaping the rewards of doing it right the first time. Get in touch.
Who we serve?
Wellmarkit design logos and high quality websites for a wide range of health and wellness businesses including:
Doctors, GP practices & Medical Centre’s, Dentists, Orthodontists, Pharmacies, Physiotherapists, Podiatrists, Dieticians, Counsellors, Psychotherapists, Psychologists, Hypnotherapists, Life Coaches, Personal Development coaches, Nutritionists, Reflexologists, Reiki practitioners, Health Food shops, Supplement retailers, Health spas, Wellness resorts, Nursing Homes & Senior care facilities, Yoga teachers, Pilates teachers, Personal Trainers, GAA Clubs, Gyms and everybody else in the medical, health, wellness & fitness area.
Where we serve you?
Wellmarkit have an international team for our international client base. Our team are based in the USA (Florida), Australia (Perth), Ireland (Galway), UK (London & Edinburgh), France (Paris), Thailand (Koh Tao) & Switzerland (Berne). Again, our clients come mostly from these countries in addition to Scandinavia & the Benelux.